Monday, November 26, 2012

Darling things & where to find them

Wrought Iron

If you are looking for the perfect combination of prettiness plus practicality for your garden decor then wrought iron is the way to go! Apart from being absolutely beautiful -wrought iron is the ultimate weather-proof material. No rotting or warping- instead it keeps it's form even in the toughest weather conditions. I love it! I love the rusty natural look and I also love it when its been white-washed for a more "French Chateau" feel. Unfortunately, if you are shopping for wrought iron pieces in the city- you are going to be ripped off. They are so over-priced. I buy all my wrought iron pieces from a cute little shop on the Midlands Meander called Sterling's Wrought Iron. They sell everything from plant stands, furniture sets and chandeliers. They are also custom make pieces to suit your needs and whats more- THEY DELIVER within South Africa!  





I bought this beautiful plant hanger for R350 to fill what used to be an awkward spot on my outside wall...




Then I also happened to see this dodgy old spade which was marked down to R100. You know what they say, "One man's trash is another man's treasure".  All it needed was some dried lavender to make it a beautiful focal point beside my herb table.




At this point I don't think you'll need anymore convincing but once again- here's some eye-candy to get you all inspired about what you can do with a little wrought iron in the garden... 


Happy Gardening! Much Love Abz


Image Source: Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment